DSC_0196_1

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Nothing works like a "slap"

I remember when I was very little, we used to have a TV with rabbit ears antenna. Every once in a while, the screen would start showing disturbances, and it was always a challenge to keep the image on the screen clear. My father found out that the best solution for this was to slap the TV on its side a couple of times. And invariably the TV picture would clear up!

I remembered this story yesterday as I started using the key board on my Mac. What happened is this. I was putting in new floor boards in my office for which reason I had to move the desk around. As luck would have it, this crappy desk (which is relatively new mind you) gave way and the whole thing came tumbling down. I had removed my Mac from the desk to lighten the load, but not the key board. The key board landed on the floor with a loud thunk, with the mouse going flying into the corner of the room! This key board had been giving me fits because its "Control" and "option" keys on the left side had been stuck.

To make long story short, yesterday when I put the desk back together and connected the key board, what joy! The stuck keys had gotten unstuck! Moral of the story, I would have saved myself a lot of aggravation if only I had dropped key board earlier. I have been treating the key board with utmost respect and all I got was grief. One loud slap on its side (or "thunk", in this case) and its gotten back in line!

Unfortunately though, while the keys have come unstuck, they still do not do their function - they are just dead keys! Any one has ideas how to fix these keys??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home